This Sunday October 20 at 8:30am, I will be running my first 21.1k in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half-Marathon to raise money for Toronto Cat Rescue, a “no-kill, not for profit, 100% volunteer, registered charity [with] all donations go directly towards helping cats in need.”
“Toronto Cat Rescue is often the only hope for a homeless, abandoned, sick or injured cat. We help cats escape situations of abuse, neglect, or imminent euthanasia. We see some terribly sad cases, but happily many of them have positive outcomes thanks to all the caring cat lovers who adopt from us.”
There are 100,000 kitties in the city that need our help! Please consider sponsoring in two ways:
Let’s all lend a hand to help these deserving furry ones find a loving family with lots of cuddles and meow mix! Thank you for your support!
* Toronto Cat Rescue Team Page — If you’d like to join the team and raise pledges yourself!
* Toronto Cat Rescue’s blog post — Further details about the event
* All pledges will receive an official tax receipt
* I will tally up the card sales from today until October 31st, 2013 and a percentage of all profits will be pledged by me directly to my official fundraising page. An announcement of the total donation amount will be posted on this blog, Facebook, Twitter, and on our official site.
* Our campaign to support Toronto Animal Services will resume on November 1st, 2013.
* Proceeds of cards purchased at our retailer LEN will continue to support Toronto Animal Services.
Thanks again :)
More info on an updated post here! Included are photos of my kitties and a map of my training route to give you an idea of how far a half-marathon is:
Yikes, that’s a lot of kilometers! But your support by purchasing cards and donating pledges for the cat rescue is what will get me through my first 21.1k race, I’ll be hitting a ton of walls I’m sure.
Thanks for helping Cheeto and Smithers’ furry friends!